Monday, August 4, 2014

Cruise News Daily Headlines for August 4, 2014

* STX Turku Yard Purchased
German-based Meyer Werft today announced they had reached an agreement to acquire 70% of the STX Finland shipyard at Turku, Finland from STX. The Finnish government will continue to hold the other 30%.

* TUI Cruises Orders Two Ships
Simultaneously with the announcement of the acquisition of STX Finland by Meyer Werft came the announcement that TUI Cruises had ordered two additional ships from the Finnish yard.

* Carnival to Develop Haitian Port
Carnival Corp reports that last week they signed a memorandum of understanding to develop a port on the Haitian island of Tortuga, off Haiti’s northwest coast.
   The port will be another of the company’s self-contained resorts for passengers to enjoy beach time and related activities in a private facility, such as they currently operate in the Bahamas, Grand Turk and the Bay Islands in Honduras.

* Other Things You’ll Want to Know
CND subscribers also read about a date to mark on their calendar ... and Bertha's impact.

The complete articles appeared in the e-mail edition of Cruise News Daily delivered to our subscribers.