Friday, September 19, 2014

Cruise News Daily Headlines for September 19, 2014

* Meyer Werft Lays Keel for First Breakaway Plus Ship
Meyer Werft in Papenburg is a very busy place these days with several ships already under construction, and yesterday cutting steel for another. You wouldn’t think they’d have room to build any more - but they do.
   The yard laid the keel for Norwegian Escape today. It will be the first of a new class of ships to be delivered in October 2015.

* Major Developments in Turku
Meyer Werft received permission from Germany’s antitrust authority and has finalized the purchase of 70% of the STX yard at Turku, Finland. The Finnish government took the other 30% by way of the Finnish Industry Investment Ltd, an investment company fully owned by the Finnish government. The yard will now be called Meyer Turku Oy.
   At the same time the yard also finalized additional orders from TUI.

* Marking Their Territory
The Royal Caribbean Blog is reporting that Royal Caribbean is in the process of trademarking several potential ship names.

The complete articles appeared in the e-mail edition of Cruise News Daily delivered to our subscribers.