Friday, October 23, 2009

Hail! Hail! The Crew's All Here!

In his blog, Royal Caribbean chairman Richard Fain reports that the last of the crew members have arrived in Finland today for duty on Oasis of the Seas which will be handed over to RCCL next week.

The crew now totals 2,165. Earlier in an interview with Lisa Bauer, RCI's SVP of Hotel Operations, told Cruise News Daily subscribers that 95% of the crew is experienced on other Royal Caribbean ships. She said that the other 5% are filling jobs which are unique to Oasis and just don't exist on any other ship in the fleet, such as horticulturalists, bagpipers or high divers.