Carnival Corp says that due to ongoing talks with Cuba they expect the Cuban government to change their policy and allow Cuban-Americans to arrive by sea before Fathom's first cruise from the US to Cuba on May 1.
As a result, their Fathom brand has begun to accept bookings from everyone regardless of their country of origin. A lawsuit had been filed against the line by two Cuban-born American citizens for whom Fathom had declined to make a reservation in accordance with Cuban law.
Fathom said that should the Cuban government's decision on the matter be delayed beyond May 1, the line will delay the start of their voyages to Cuba.
The complete story appeared in the April 18 edition of Cruise News Daily.